teampembo

Your click pays for Teampembo's chocolate fund

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Insufferable Smugness



The world-famous advertising agency Crispin Porter & Bogusky has decided to write a book to tell everyone just how amazing they really are.

It must be tiring to read loads of gushing articles about how they've redefined the advert, shattered old stereotypes and all the rest of it. Although I have to say I think their work is some of the best in America, that doesn't necessarily mean that it's time to write a book about how great they are.

I bet they all go to work on Segways and eat hippy food.

To be fair to them, I really liked the Subservient Chicken, the Sith Sense and the Volkswagen adverts. As much as they are smug and arrogant, they do create extremely good work.

I was at a creative debate thingy a couple of months ago. After hearing the hippies moan about media agencies taking all the money, they started singing the praises of this Crispin Porter. Think about it - all the hippies secretly want to work for this company.

Would be nice to work in Miami, but I'd be a little bit worried about coming across as an arrogant bastard who worked for a company who write books about how amazing they all are. Although I don't think this is unusual in Miami.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home